La Vida Loca

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Our Apartment


We love our new home! It’s a cute little departamento on a street called Hernando de Aguirre in the barrio (i.e., hood) of Providencia. It has two bedrooms and a third room that we use as a small office. Picture me there now. The living and eating areas are small, but we fit. The girls and I made a wonderful dinner in the tiny kitchen last night. The picture attached was taken from our balcony. Yes, those are the Andes.

But the best thing about our apartment is not what’s inside, it’s what’s outside. Hernando de Aguirre is a lovely street just a few blocks from the girl’s school, a metro station, and a grocery store. A fruitiera just around the corner sells wonderful fresh fruits and vegetables. The park is just a couple blocks in one direction, and El Golf, a prestigious area of town with great restaurants and stores is a few blocks away in the other. We pass our church on the way.

The best thing about walking everywhere is all the hand holding. Not only do I get to walk my girls to school, the store, the park, etc., but I get to hold their hands along the way. We go for walks after dinner and just talk as a family. The girls love it and we do too. I do miss communication with other adults, but Margarita and Sarafina are bright, intelligent, warm, and fun people to be around and I'm enjoying them as companions.

I’m still looking forward to having adult friends and hope to find opportunities to make some after the girls start school. But today, we’re going to the park. It’s a little cold outside, but I won’t need gloves.

Sisma

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home