La Vida Loca

Friday, June 22, 2007

Squeezing the Mayo

We’re stuffing ourselves with Pastel de Choclo (a yummy traditional Chilean dish). I’m chugging the last of the Chyrimoya juice and Ciervo is choking down the rest of the Nescafe. Sarafina is inhaling the last of the maní con plátano (banana nuts), and Margarita is wringing the last little bit of white gold out of the bag of mayonnaise.

With just a few days left, we are squeezing all we can out of this experience. We are still looking for the best empanada, inexpensive souvenirs, and a comfortable couch (although we’ve pretty much given up on the latter). This weekend we have good-bye dinners planned with friends, and with any luck, the shampoo and deodorant will hold out so that we are presentable.

Today we used up the last of the flour, vanilla and chocolate chips and made cookies with the usual results: burned half and ate the rest. So, tomorrow I’ll take one more run down Tobalaba so I can squeeze into my bathing suit in two weeks.

The less time we have, the more valuable it seems. So instead of blogging ad nausuem about how we have to somehow condense our year into eight suitcases and four carry-ons, suffice it to say packing will just have to wait. I think I can squeeze just enough toothpaste out to keep smiling bright for 10 more days and I’m not about to waste it.

Sisma

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home