La Vida Loca

Friday, December 15, 2006

Que?

I love the commercial for Armani Code perfume. The super skinny seductive model in the black backless dress walking in slo-mo to the mysterious background music reminds me of the “me” inside me somewhere.

I’m not sure why I said that. It seemed relevant a few minutes ago, but I’ve forgotten how I was going to tie it in. The truth is, we’ve been inundated with new things and words, and the limited space in my cabeza has forced familiar ideas out and encroached upon my short term memory to make room for new things.

For instance, I recently took my freakishly tall (by Chilean standards) non-swimmer self to the local pool for exercisio. I stood there in the pool, lily white and half naked in a fire engine red speedo trying to understand the “pool protocol” from the lifeguard and all I could think of was “Did I remember to take my shoes off?” Last weekend, we went to Vina del Mar for el fin de semana larga (long weekend). I went for a run, forgot to stop, and apparently finished another marathon. And, you’re not going to believe this, but apparently I am well into my 30’s.

Right now I am sitting in that room, (what do you call it?), you know, with the computer in it, and I hear vaguely familiar voices in the background. They are screaming something about summer vacation, no school, playing barbies all day… I hope that doesn’t concern me.

Now I am going into that other room, the one with all the food in it, and find something sweet. I see an empty bag of galletas here but I don’t remember eating them so I must not have. As long as I still fit into my black sexy dress. And by the way, does anyone know why my shoes are wet?

Sisma

Who are these people? They keep following me around...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home